View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2023, 07:38 PM   #12
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

It doesn't look like I did anything wrong putting it back together ....I don't have the airfilter in the air box yet though....
but it looks like it is just the air screw adjustment .... she's taking throttle real good now.... I stopped to take a break as I have been puttering on it all day
making doubly sure it's correct.....
it doesn't apear to be anything you did Gordon.... it's ME !!!!
when I shut it off last time it was idling fantastically on both cylinders
and took throttle up to 9k RPM with out a hitch .... so I think it is just that the factory settings are too lean on the air screw weird !
.. I am just dumbfounded that the fuel airscrew actually made that much difference in the Running....as they are not supposed to effect the running at top end..... but they certainly do on a stock setup.....
knowing Kawasaki, they put out the California model so lean with the stock jets.... that it does effect the top end ..... but I have Never seen that before in all my years !
Don't fret.... I'm still playing with it. I want it perfect and sense you did the carbs I know they are not a problem. the only thing I had to do is install them and adjust the F/A Screws..... and I'm having a bit of trouble doing just that ! HAHAHAHAHA
Bob.......