View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:06 AM   #14
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

I bought my Ninja new last march, it was my first bike for nearly 40 years and I was a bit worried how I would perform. The day I picked it up it was 2˚C wet roads with snow at the side and I had 40 miles to ride home, after the first 2 or 3 miles it was like I had never been off a bike, handling was excellent with a responsive motor and good brakes, a really good choice for the price. There are one or two problems the major one being the front suspension I am 190 pounds and when braking hard into a bend down hill there is too much dive on the front end. I also had an issue with the performance on the highway although capable of maintaining highway speeds I felt that there was not enough power when pulling out to pass vehicles travelling at 70 + mph but that is just my opinion. It may only have been a problem with my gear box but I found the change very clunky especially when hot, other than that it’s a fantastic bike for the money. You may ask why I changed well for all the reasons mentioned above and if you have a chance to try a Suzuki gear change you will not believe how smooth it is.

Steve