View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2023, 12:00 PM   #49
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I want to figure out a way to anchor the front half of the seat.... right now there is nothing holding it down and it can flop around quite a bit....
the Clark after market bigger gas tank does have a bolt insert right in the center of where the seat SHOULD be anchored down at.... so I was thinking
just poke a hole in the seat and use a large washer and bolt the thing down
I dunno yet.....
the bike definately has a stumble on acceleration, maybe that is because it's cold 99% of the time when I start it.... she is cold blooded like the Ninja and will not start without the choke when it's cold.
the stumble feels lean to me when the bike is warm it is diminished alot but it is still present ..... I think I will buy the next bigger pilot jet size... what ever that is( a 50 is in it) and a 155 main jet and wait till they come in.... then pull the carb again....
the carb has a 150 main jet in it that I have reamed out a small amount
but obviously not near far enough so I figured sense I need a pilot jet anyway I just as well get a bigger main jet as well and know what I got in there ! I got away with re drilling out jets on the ranch years ago and I am sure I could now as well.... after all it is just a hole ! but I want to know the size of it in there .... I may at some point have to go even richer
next TO DO is check the valve lash.... .005 exhaust and .004 intake
is what they should be..... we shall see....
Bob.........