View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2023, 11:12 AM   #1
Motoxr27
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

2010 ninja 250 gas in crank case & wont start after tipping over in garage

Alright guys I’m new here and this forum has really helped me learn a lot since I’ve had this bike so I’m gonna give y’all a try to help me get to the bottom of my latest issue, I got a 2010 ninja 250 that had been sitting for about a year and it was in pieces well long story short I was able to get it to run after cleaning the carbs (off the bike) and finally took it for a quick test ride and it all seemed ok so I was about to change the oil & run some Seafoam through it when it tipped over in my garage and when I picked it up I noticed it had leaked a tremendous amount of gas onto the floor and I just thought it was from the fall and because I had my pet Cock in PRI position well now it won’t start, upon further inspection I noticed the air box was full of gas and so was my crankcase so I drained all the oil and it was full of gas I mean alot like more gas than oil, so I changed the filter and added new oil cleaned up the air box and fuel mess and removed the plugs so the engine wouldn’t hydro lock when I tried to start it…well it won’t start, brand new fully charged battery, clean gas, freshly cleaned carbs & tried with petcock in on & also pri position and it just turns over and over but won’t fire??? I’m desperate because I don’t know if it’s something stuck in the carbs after I just cleaned them? Or possibly something stopping it from firing? I am going to change the oil again because it had so much fuel in it, my question is did the engine fill with gas because I had it in PRI when I rode it & when it fell over? And if so why won’t it fire after I’ve fixed that? What would make the problem starting continue? I thought the floats were sticking and flooding because of all the fuel leaking but when I took the plugs out the were dry which you’d think if the carbs were flooded the plugs would be wet? Idk I’m scared to keep cranking it after all that fuel was in the engine because I don’t want to bend a rod and I’m dreading removing the carbs again but I’m not sure how else it would be happening if not carb related? I’m worried it’s possibly something ignition related from when it fell over but it was a very slight thing it just tipped over and I picked it up 10 seconds later and now it’s nuts how I can’t get it to start, help!!!
Motoxr27 is offline   Reply With Quote