Old April 19th, 2023, 01:45 AM   #12
Shafer
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja ex250 blue and 07 Ninja black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
here's a question for you guys.... if I plug off the vacuum ports on the carbs
they should still work right ? ( I mean the ones to the smog crap) I think there are 2 lines ....
No need for that Gordon but I do appreciate the offer !
if you remember a short while back a fella with 2 Ninja's had the same problem like this on BOTH ninjas.... it turned out that the part under the emulsifier tube was Upside down.... and that causes his problem
I think that is so far unlikely that Gordon could have made such a mistake it's unreal ..... but he is Human and Humans do make mistakes so that is a possibility. not a big possibility, but a possibility nonetheless.
I think it more likely it's hooked up wrong.... but how is the big question
... what I need is a diagram of hose connections to the carbs
and the one in the Appendix of the manual is almost impossible to see
their drawing over the photo type pictures is not as clear as a drawing would be.....
but I have traced each line back to where it is supposed to connect...I THINK
and it doesn't work so I need to do something different.

Bob.....
IMG_7340.jpg

Oh I hope I'm not going to be known as the upside-down part guy now, haha

I'd try one final leak test but under higher RPM. I'd also recommended using starter fluid with a straw in the nozzle. I've had better luck with starter fluid than WD finding tiny leaks.

I wonder if you have a tiny crack in one of the boots. It's a pain but sometimes its better to start over and try mounting the carb again with a fresh seating starting by mounting to the air box first and working your way to the engine side.

I don't much about your gen bike but I read a lot of threads during my hunt for my simular issue. Of the threads I read some had a issue with the snokal blockage or not connected or something.

Jay

Last futzed with by Shafer; April 19th, 2023 at 03:40 AM.
Shafer is offline   Reply With Quote