View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2023, 05:59 AM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Bob you dorkus!!!

Didn't you take ANY pictures before ripping it apart so you can put it back together??

1. internal fuel filtre - did you put it back in correctly? Remove fuel-hose and blow-compressed air through it to clean out. I've seen 2-3 of these filtres wadded up inside blocking flow. Straighten out hose so you can see light through it to verify it's clear? Leave out this filtre for now.

2. hose diagram - Technology is your friend, let's use it:

- click on down-arrow next to SEARCH in menu-bar above
- click on Advanced Search
- entre in Key Words = carb hoses
- entre in User Name = dannoxyz
- click on Search Now button below
- click on topic = Petcock vacuum hose questions

3. vacuum hoses -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
here's a question for you guys.... if I plug off the vacuum ports on the carbs
they should still work right ? ( I mean the ones to the smog crap) I think there are 2 lines ....
So what about non-CA bikes? Do they just have NOTHING connected to 2 vacuum ports on carbs? If you have both ports capped off, where are you getting vaccum to open petcock? If petcock doesn't open and let fuel flow into your carbs, what happens when you try to start and run engine?

Here's what you do:

- disconnect vaccum hose going to PAIR valve sitting between tank and head, that's it, disabled. Leave everything else alone, do not touch anything connected to emissions equipment

- right-carb vacuum-port goes directly to coast-enricher. Cap off T-fitting in middle that used to connect to PAIR valve in front

- left-carb vaccum-port goes directly to petcock. DONE!

Switch hoses on carb-ports if T is on left-carb vacuum port. You want direct uninterrupted hose directly to petcock. Next up is petcock flow-test if this doesn't solve it.

Also how old is petrol in that tank?
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote