View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2023, 06:36 PM   #57
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Not really Danno ! if I do, I bottom it out anyway.... it is more important to me
to be able to touch the ground good with both feet than to worry about bottoming out the bike on a jump.... In the Past I'ed probably leave the seat at 34" instead of 37"(stock height) because I did do a bunch of hard riding
but now that I am 70 yrs of age I don't see me leaving the ground for more than a foot ! .... back then...30 foot would be the max but not any more...
Jac when your Older your balance goes, your strength goes and you become a chicken-shi# because IF you fall it takes months to heal, not just a few days
it's simply not worth it now !.... just popping small wheelies is a wild thing for me any more ! LOL and that doesn't even mention the constant pain.... we must have a change in weather coming because I hurt all over today !
add that to a motorcycle and I understand why so many Older guys just say good by to the sport.....
I've watched those videos several times before and I now almost always use her way of mounting the bike.... step on the peg first then swing the leg over
.... I never did that before.... that is hard to do though if you have a bunch of stuff strapped to the back you have to do the "itchy-boots" method of mounting !
Bob......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.