View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2023, 08:10 AM   #10
Guaire
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2005 EX250, 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

The Garmin Zumo is waterproof and shockproof. It also has a mini SD chip for running gigabytes of music to you via Bluetooth. You can get lifetime map updates. But, the installation is more involved than a Beeline with a phone.
First, you have wire in the power. On this Yamaha XZ550 I had installed a Reg/Rec from RoadsterCycle. Then I added an Eastern Beaver 8 circuit box. Next, wire in the powered interface and mount it in the cockpit.
Then, you're ready to go. BUT... you can't pick a spot, you must have a street address. So, basically it's a street/address finder. The Beeline itself is very simple, designed for a low visual profile with the vitals of the routing. For the bigger screen view, you just look over the Beeline Map app on the phone. You get a full screen detailed view of your location and route, similar to the Garmin Zumo. But, you don't have to stare at it. It's a Google Maps based map data base.

That's one of the reasons I started to prefer the Beeline that doesn't need a street address. I like being able to simply tap the map on the phone and get going. It's very good at getting somewhere, minus interstates! Easy find preferences and easy to set are a big positive for me.
Here's a few pics of the wire harness and the interface::
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Power Mounts Pair.jpg (121.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Power CU.jpg (121.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Garmin Cockpit.jpg (173.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen CU.jpg (150.1 KB, 0 views)

Last futzed with by Guaire; May 3rd, 2023 at 02:27 PM.
Guaire is offline   Reply With Quote