View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2023, 05:14 PM   #96
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I was thinking about that coast enricher when I got a few back fires !....
Hardly ever at WOT !.... Well I must say..... I am NEVER at WOT ~!!!!! LOL not even testing.... the max I will take it is 9 maybe 10 grand and then only for a split second !
(mostly just to hear it scream ! ) I am wondering now if Gordon messed with the coast enricher or not.... I bet he didn't as that is not carburetor.... it is just attached to it.
and of course it went with the carbs... but he may have you never know.....
I have read where the coast enricher will play havoc with the running of the bike if they are messed up....and sense it does not sound like it is working.... maybe that is the place to look before I get it all back together again....
... putting it all back to stock is an option.... because it SHOULD work there... but it was back to stock that is why we changed it ! it would not run right for love nor money !
so rather than second guess that move I will leave the jetting as it is ...for now
it's running fairly good now.... and I think it is rideable once again....actually riding it and putting it under a load should tell me alot more..... I think I will find no power at 4~5 grand.... but you don't know till you try it !
Bob.......