View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2023, 11:30 AM   #11
Guaire
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2005 EX250, 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

From Alex -
"I'd think the number of people who want navigation on their dash would instead spring for an actual GPS that can be controlled and seen while riding if needed."

The Beeline is used with the iPhone, or other phone. With its app running, you use the entire phone screen that is comparable to the Garmin. The Beeline unit, in a graphic way, shows distance to turn and direction of turn. If you don't want to see the mapping etc., don't look.

"I'd also imagine that a certain portion of folks who would be interested in a gadget like this, are also interested in running music/phone audio into their helmet somehow already, so they can get navigation instructions from their phone directly without a separate limited screen."

The Garmin Zumo will play music while enroute.
On an iPhone, the music app can work simultaneously with the Beeline app. Nav instructions are on the Beeline device and on the full screen iPhone app simultaneously.
While using the Beeline system, what I like about the added use of the phone screen, is that it gives me more contextual spacial information. Just a personal preference there.
Guaire is offline   Reply With Quote