View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2023, 09:49 AM   #15
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I made a discovery that Kills GOOGLE MAPS for me yesterday. when you're out of cell phone range google maps does not work....period the screen is blank with your dot in the middle. so that is totally useless I stopped twice to check it and both times it was dead.
I need one that works on my phone without cell phone connections way back in the woods
I thought about the sat navs but their very expensive and you have to pay a subscription that is also very expensive.... so I think I will pass on them. I can't afford them.... well I probably could but who wants to shell out over $400 bucks for the unit and $120 a month ? I won't use it that much !!!
Bob......
Odd, what version of phone OS & Google Maps are you using?

I've accidentally found out Google Maps works with GPS-only signal while on flight between S.F. and Phoenix. Airplane mode was ON, so Wifi and cellular was OFF. Noticed plane was following some highway below to get around Edwards AFB. Pulled up Google Maps and wow! It shows live scrolling map of plane's position over hwy 40!

Then it cut over to hwy 10 at Lake Havasu

@Shafer, do you know if Scenic will work with GPS-only signal? I ride in lots of areas without cell-service. Thx
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote