View Single Post
Old July 9th, 2023, 01:39 AM   #5
Animal78
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250(sold) 2000 Ninja 250 (sold) 2012 Ninja 250r 2020 Harley Sportster (rarely ridden)

Tried the bore scope but its diameter wouldn’t let see the cylinder walls. I have another scope I am going to try tomorrow (well later today). The piston crowns have a lot of carbon build up. The spark plugs look pretty close with each other cylinder two is a touch leaner. Both are pretty much spot on though. I even went as far as to check the exhaust temps. At one point when this first started it ran ok for a bit then I got it on the road and it started acting up. But it was running good before I took off. And the exhaust temps right at the first bend in the pipe were right around 570 each. That’s after running at full operating temperature.

My last thought doesn’t really add up but if the ignition was weak that would cause it to cut out and not want to run. But then again it would most likely have a dark colored or even wet looking plug??? The plugs are new less than 200 miles.
Animal78 is offline   Reply With Quote