View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2023, 09:03 PM   #36
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK I understand your point but my torch was not like that I took it apart and looked... I did not put a VTOM on it so looks could have been deceiving
so it's possible it was just the wrong torch for the Welder, one of the shielded cable type torches when one with the heavy Switchable cables for the torch type was needed.... that is quite possible !

but that would mean that the TOOLIOM Tig welder that I got would Not be able to switch polarities.....( because the positive power would be going through the torch hose and you can't switch polarities if it is Hard wired)... which would suck big time and a good enough reason to return it in and of itself .... but never the less I did try to strike up an arc with it and it just clicked when the button was pressed.... I even tried to scratch start it but there wasn't even a tiny spark from the tungsten.
so at any rate, it didn't work , so I sent it back...

So they do USE that type of shielded cable torch on some machines ?
that has got to be a bad thing ! because unless there is a big switch on the machine you will not be able to switch polarities with a machine like that
so trying to save money they destroy the capabilities of the machine....not the first time tool makers have done that !
....(and I tried to watch that video, but my computer just blinks...it's missing a function to follow the links for some reason!)
Bob....