View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2023, 08:44 AM   #54
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL so much for inovation.... the engine transmition and ECU then become a UNIT and can't be seperated.....well, without major difficulties !....
Most of the cars and trucks I've had in my life were 1970's and earlier... I did have a Toyota pickup that I really regret getting rid of...it had the R22 engine F.I. and a 5 speed trans. that was the best modern truck I ever owned.... the ford ranger I bought in Reno
was a P.O.S. I'll never buy a ford again ! besides the dealership stiffed me on that one!
the truck was not worth fighting for.... flemzy beyond belief ! the body work could be dented with your thumb !!!!! ( I KNOW I DID THAT! ) I couldn't believe it ! I had to take the door pannel off to push the dent back out with my HAND ! unreal !
I have a 1991 toyota Cilica in the yard I am trying to get rid of as I think the automatic transmition is going out in it.... so we quit driving it..... I hope it doesn't have it's transmition hooked to the computer like the Dodge did ! LOL
.... I've replaced the radiator on that car front axles and changed the oil so many times I lost count and it's got over 400k miles on it and still runs great .... we just don't need it, and I have a sign in the back window for sale $500.00 but nobody has even looked at it..... the city police stopped by and said if it has a PNO on it it has to be behind a 6' fence.... so rather than buy a battery for it and move it I'll just sell the darn thing !
Bob.......