View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2023, 12:02 AM   #57
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Well, sold that Cilica a week or so ago.... had to get it out of the yard or I was going to have problems with the City of Weed, the Police told me you can't have a car on a non-opp
parked in your driveway, it has to be behind a 6' fence !!!!! he said the ordenance has been in effect for years but they only recently started inforcing it...too many junk cars arround he said....
I sold that car for only $500 bucks ! that kills me ! used on the kelly blue book was over 2,000 ! but ...that's the way it goes , first your money then your clothes!
I did get a new TIG welder.....
and this one does work.... but it works funny not like the videos on youtube...
so I have been wondering sense I have it jerry rigged and hooked up to my air compressor because I have no Argon bottle, could the lack of Argon gas at the arc make the arc weak , less bright and bounce around all the time ? I've tried to lay a string of puddles on 1/4" steel plate but I cannot keep the arc going long enough to do that !
it's not at all like the arc from the stick welder it's a puny arc that is hard to keep going
I even turned it up all the way and plugged it into 220vac but it's the same
right now if I wanted to heat a piece of steel to red hot I would use the stick welder
or propane torch the TIG can't do it very well at all
any comments ?
Bob.......