View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2023, 05:17 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL that's funny ! I am 5'9" and have a 30" inseam most all bikes are too tall for me I feel if you can't flat foot it setting in the saddle you shouldn't be on it
.... but that philosophy went away in the 1980's as the bikes got taller now it's ok...... but I know the difference it makes and you really do have alot more control over the bike if it's lower to the ground....
You should try that with your African twin Danno ! seriously ! it's not like your going to crush the underside of the bike because it's so much lower.... bring your ground clearance down to 6" and see how much better that top heavy bike feels !..... I think you have like 8" of ground clearance don't you ?
my XR650L had so much ground clearance I could crawl under it ! over 12"
and you do not need that much.... of course when going over logs every inch of ground clearance helps.... but I'm not into hopping logs any more.... there was a time when I hunted for logs to hop over as it was a good challenge but not anymore.... I just putt putt around mostly.
Bob........