View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2024, 02:12 PM   #1
LinkFalcon1987
"Professional" mechanic

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninia 250R

Ignition Coils and rev hang (?)

Hey all! I've got a 2007 250R, and it's got a fair share of problems. The main two are issues with the ignition coils, and that sometimes when I pull the clutch in, it seems to rev itself up to ~3,000 RPM.

First, ignition coils. I have a misfire on either cylinder between 45-55 mph in top gear, and I don't want to have to spend OE prices ($117/piece) on coils, if there's a cheaper option you all recommend. I tested them and they're showing about 19,000 ohms resistance on the secondary, when spec is 10-k13k. Any recommendations?

Second, the rev hang. It had been laid over at least once when I got it, and it didn't have any hang issues BEFORE it was laid over (I bought it from a friend), and since then, she had the carbs rebuilt, throttle cables replaced, etc. It's been tuned at least twice since the rebuild, and it runs okay otherwise, with good throttle response and power. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's almost a majority. It seems to stick at 3,000, then drop down to idle after a couple seconds, like the throttle is sticking open. I've looked at the throttle connections and it's not hanging open.

Any help is appreciated! TIA!
LinkFalcon1987 is offline   Reply With Quote