View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2024, 10:49 AM   #11
Pregen_Prat
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pratham

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 1998 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Yes, the 17 inch conversion is well worth it for tire selection alone. As for emulators, less important than correct weight springs.

A 400 would be a better choice if you are interested in racing and/or if you are primarily going to track on larger tracks. A sv650 is maybe the best of both worlds for a track day bike but it is no longer the competetive bike to go racing in LWT classes.

All that being said, I have several race bikes and still keep my 250 on the track. Why? Because I love that little bike. And if you love yours - keep it and ride it on the track no matter what anyone says.
I appreciate the insight a lot. I recently helped one of my friends purchase a 400 for his first bike. I have ridden it bit when I rode it home for him and I have to say it is a very peppy and great handling bike. Stock for stock, miles ahead of the 250. I know it would be easier to build that into a track bike, but also a bit more expensive for a college student like me. The 250 is a very special bike to me, and I’m not sure I want to let it go. Thank you for the motivation though, hopefully I can build it into something special!
Pregen_Prat is offline   Reply With Quote