View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2024, 01:31 PM   #3
Jakel57
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 1988 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Exactly when did the engine stop running? Was it it when you first pulled in the clutch lever, or when you let it back out? The problem could be related to the safety switches. Are you sure the side stand was fully retracted? If it bounced down and released that switch button, then letting out the clutch could kill spark.

When coming to a stop sign I was in second so I pulled in the clutch and shifted to first and kept it in while coasting to the sign. Bike died on the way to the sign probably about a second after shifting to first

If coolant is not circulating, then yes, it could be overheating. How do you know it's not circulating? It circulates only when the thermostat is open. Did you watch it though a cycle of the thermostat opening and closing again? What does the temperature gauge read while you're riding?
I figured it wasn’t circulating cause the reservior was full, not realizing that was a stupid thing to think cause it circulates. The temp gauge is pretty low when riding, doesn’t move much honestly.
Jakel57 is offline   Reply With Quote