View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2024, 02:25 PM   #9
Hogges
ninjette.org member

Name: Wolfgang

Motorcycle(s): R1200GS, DR200SE, Ninja EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacho678 View Post
Thanks for the responses all. I think if the problems persist post carb service I'll look into a valve adjustment. My carb parts looks clean like in the pic @ducatiman, but could you elaborate on why you need an air compressor and soda blasting vs just a can and some carb cleaner? I'm assuming being thorough and such.

Another probably silly question, but what is the best way to get the wheels off? I'm planning on getting new tires asap and don't have a stand. I'm assuming I should bite the bullet and get one. Any recommendations?
You don’t need a stand. You can lift the rear tire and support it with a piece of two by four or jack under the right side footpeg or similar. Same for lubricating the chain. Then when the rear wheel is done and back in, you can lift the front by putting a jack under the front of the engine. In both cases you use the side stand and the other tire still on the ground to make a tripod, basically. I have done many tires like that, or oiled chains. The front is a little more awkward because the steering will of course swing to the left side unless you strap it back to the frame.
Hogges is offline   Reply With Quote