Thread: Problem Child
View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2024, 03:15 PM   #1
Whit
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Whit

Motorcycle(s): 99 EX250

Problem Child

Hello everyone, I have broke down and decided to ask for help. I have read a lot of posts before coming to y’all. So I bought a 99 EX25. I bought it from a guy who couldn’t get it to take throttle. So I decided to redo most of the bike. I put all new tires, brakes, plugs, oil change, chain, and sprockets. Who ever had this before me took no care at all for this bike. So I came to the carbs. I pulled them out and rebuilt them. I mean I went crazy on them. Carb cleaner and wire. I went through all the passageways. To include all the vacuum lines. Blew air through them and had great results. The carbs were spotless before I even started. So I even found stuff that was missing when the previous person redid the carbs. Main needle seat and the washer and o ring on the mixture screw. I have sprayed starting fluid on the boots when it was running and no leaks in them. I put in a new air filter in the air box. I checked both spark plug wires. Nothing fixes it. It still won’t take any throttle. So I got sick of it today. I took and rigged up a can to direct feed fuel into the carbs and capped both pull lines to the peacock. Still same result. I even tried turning the mixture screws all the way in.. still idles the same and won’t take throttle. It dies the minute you try.. now this is where I get so lost… I runs amazing on choke. Will even take throttle sometimes. So I’m lost and could use some direction. All in told I have pulled the carbs 6 times. Checked and double checked. Everything is clean and no adjustment on any screws seems to fix anything. Thanks y’all!
Whit is offline   Reply With Quote