View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2024, 07:56 PM   #15
Hogges
ninjette.org member

Name: Wolfgang

Motorcycle(s): R1200GS, DR200SE, Ninja EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacho678 View Post
I have returned after finals. Carbs are cleaned and back on the bike. I tried to start it and found a clicking starter motor. Luckily I had a battery jumpstarter on hand so I plugged it in and started it up. It started up with low revs on full choke then sputtered out. Started it up again and it just turned over. Started a third time and turned over a few times then gave a large chunk/click noise. I'm really hoping its not hydrolocked but that is what I am suspecting at the moment. Let me know how badly I goofed it.
Why do you think it might be hydrolocked? The bike started once, so that’s not a bad sign. You may have just flooded it. Not in the hydrolock sense, just too much gas from full choke. If this happens, you crank with the throttle wide open and choke closed to get lots of airflow happening. Keep cranking, or else you can skid let the bike sit for a bit to evaporate any extra gas. You have to try different configurations of throttle and joke.
Regarding the clicking, your battery is likely toast. Plan on getting a new one.

Last futzed with by Hogges; May 10th, 2024 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added info, clarification.
Hogges is offline   Reply With Quote