Old January 24th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #20
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banzai View Post
(Shogun)
Not a true NO CUT (requires that sprocket cover be notched to clear lower mount point) but fairing remains no cut (incidently, taking some care with a dremel 60 grit sanding drum instead of cutting a chunk out of the cover will lead to a "factory" look to your install, and takes some care, but no more time to do correctly than proper careful cutting of the chunk as suggested. I used a total of 4 drum covers to do the entire notch with enough clearance to slide a playing card between the bar and the cover).
Since I've only seen one pic of this but thought it sounded hella better than removing (essentially) the whole top plate of the countershaft cover, I decided to give it a go via dremel sanding. About 20 cycles of 'grind-check fit-grind' and 30min later, this is what I wound up with:

DSC04703.jpg
DSC04704.jpg
DSC04706.jpg

I cut a little too much off the side closest to the inside of the bike than I would've liked but this gives me some leeway getting the holder pin on the cover into place when re-installing it. If you choose to go this route, I strongly suggest putting a layer of masking tape over the section of the slider bar you're fitting, to prevent scraping it up like I did.