View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #20
islanderman7
The Sexy Filipino

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2008 (da black one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suey250 View Post
Yahooo ! jackpot !
Tony,

If you done a lot of reading like I have in installing a Jet Kit, you will have more than enough information. I feel like an idiot for even complaining about this job. I was so scared of stripping/ damaging the main jet, pilot screws and the diaphragm. The diaphragm part (Its under the black plastic cover) was scary cuz I kid you not, this rubber is super thin. Like I could use it for a condom or something. But I took my time and all went well. Just remember that the small hole in the diaphragm tube faces toward the front.

The only confusing part about installing it was which side to put the allen bolts that comes with the kit. Kelly says they replace the float bowl, but the Factory Pro instructions say the top of the carbs. FP's instruction are pretty vague, but decided to replace the Phillip screws that hold the black plastic covers over the diaphragm.

Anyways, it was pretty easy. I say it was like a 4 out of 10. The only hard part was getting my throttle cables back onto the carbs.

Here another helpful link straight from the factory website. Jet Kit for EX250/500
Was gonna write a DIY with pics but I think he pretty much nails it.
islanderman7 is offline   Reply With Quote