View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM   #90
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Yeah this one is just the "rough draft" sloppy test. Wait till you see what happens when I try and make something presentable.
I'll have to get out the CAD programs and draw all the parts on the computer first. Takes a lot of time because I have to take brakes because it hurts! lol

This one no need for epoxy on the digit. Just for testing and sunny weather riding. Unplug for the rain.. I don't really ride in the rain unless in emergencies anyways. (get caught in rain)

I can easily make the shift gauge by itself, or another bigger gauge with even more features. When I use an atmel chip, it's like drawing on a computer screen and very easy to make circuit boards.

At any rate, one connector and a program away from a finished prototype to test. Hehe I get to try the first one.
I'll be writing the program tonight.

Wired up the switch with shrink tubing and liquid electrical tape. the blue wire is grounded to the sprocket cover bolt with a hoop crimp terminal that I soldered on.

One interesting thing about it is the transmission won't let the downshift switch be pressed after hitting first gear. Kinda cool but hard to explain how it helps.

NOW, we are ready to see some action. =)
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote