View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #28
kerrynyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): None... Yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd View Post
The first thing before you go out and buy a bike is to take the MSF course. Not saying your friend's not taking that course helped him have an accident, but maybe if he took it, he wouldn't have had an accident. Maybe he would have known what to do when his rear wheel let loose and then grabbed and he highsided. Maybe he would have learned how not to get into that situation.There's nothing like learning it right the first time and being supervised in your training by good instructors, instead of learning from someone else like your father and going out for a ride only with a permit.
That's what I was thinking! I remember him telling me that he didn't want to take the MSF course because he went to Tramas (the MSF course place) and just had a one hour private lesson. He also said "yeah after the 1 hour lesson you will know everything you need to know." And I couldn't help but be like "are you kidding?" there is NO WAY you can learn everything you need to know in an hour. I think it would be 100% beneficial for him to take the MSF course and actually be a licensed rider, for his own saftey!