View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM   #10
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Yea, I do actually have exposed wires, pretty much all of my wires. ( My whole bike is exposed actually! haha) So how should I go about doing this? I have merely tucked the instrument wires between the forks (only because they are attached to the headlight wires, and cannot take them off really.) Since all of these wires are tightly bound together, should I electrical tape them more? I really have to balance the stability of the wires but at the same time not restrict them too much due to the movement of the forks pushing and pulling the wires. I tried zip ties, but they create too many pressure points on the fork, restricting movement. Remember that these wires can only extend in a very limited range of motion.

Therefore, is the only solution to redo all of the stock wiring? like undo the the OEM electrical tape to take out the instrument panel wires?

edit: of course, if this was the permanent condition of my bike, I would do so, but in the summer time I actually plan to do a full restoration of the plastics and such. So, I need a solution that can let me easily put the wires back on to their right place.

And thank you all for your input. I now have SOME knowledge of wires and what blowing a fuse actually is, and why it occurs.
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote