View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #6
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Ok so I was just wondering something. I got aero turn signals for my bike ...and they require drilling two small holes into the fairing to put them in . Not really too thrilled about this but I like the way they look. But my dad brought up a good question...with drilling these holes...may I eventually get hairline cracks in the fender due to the vibration of the bike...or am I safe? The instructions for the installation say not to even drill...to use the skinny blade of a scissor and poke it in and twist...I dunno what difference this will make...but wanna get some feedback before I start doing this...whenever that will be.

And Phase 1 of Winter Break Completed...went out for a ride this morning and felt great!
Were they cautioning against drilling into fiberglass body work, perhaps? Our bikes are abs plastic. I won't say it's okay, but I have read of others that have mounted rear signals in their stock rear panels and haven't complained. Perhaps someone that has drilled holes can actually help you out.

Great job on step 1... frankly, I'm surprised you got past that and are on step 2.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote