View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #28
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
I told you, these guys will take no survivors!! I bet when you show the officer your badge, he will ask where you bought the muffler, because he wants one also!

Ok, I got an email back from Area-P about buying a header directly from them to fab the HR1 to...

Quote:
Hi Jason,

Thank you for the inquiry. Our systems are normally only available and priced as a complete unit, since we manufacture them as matching sets. But from time to time, we do have headpipes only for sale. We do currently have a few available. Price is $295.00.

Sincerely,

Kerry Bryant

Only issues I see are here... (thanks for the pics kkim!)

The stock manifold has a tab to put a bolt into the frame near the rear brake lever/foot peg.

This is not present on the Area P header. I see this needing to be fabbed on. My only other concern is the departure angle of the header as it would feed into the Area P can not matching the angle required for the HR1. That, and the diameter of the header vs the stock manifold and whether it will fit.

Any ideas?

I think it's safe to assume I'm the first knuckle head to try this or at least post about it.
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote