View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #6
Betlog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dude!!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
you need to tune both carbs so they pass almost the same mixture. At that point, the carbs work together. Any difference between the 2 results in a less than mixture that the engine needs. use the links provided to "tune" the circuits... I wouldn't worry that they are not exactly the same amount of turns out, only that the settings give you the desired results.

Don't forget to sync the carbs too.
Thanks Kelly, I read the link you've provided. But I am still a bit confused as how to get them adjusted at the same time since I am adjusting one screw, getting the result I want, then adjusting the other. As I mentioned in my previous post, if one screw is already adjusted properly, wouldn't adjusting the other screw "undo" the adjustment I made with the first screw? Or do I adjust one screw, get that perfect and adjust the other until I notice it affect the "perfect" adjustment from the other screw?

Also, with Vex's carb sync tool, do you think any "oil" will work? Rather than throw it, I have a few unopened motor oil that I can use.
Betlog is offline   Reply With Quote