View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #22
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Same thing every time I crashed any bike throughout my entire life. Dirt bikes and dirt jumping or flatland bicycles alike. A little bit of rash and a bunch of bruises.

My original thought was:
"OK, coming in a little hot, tap the brake and you'll be fine."
Like I've done many times before.
This time for some reason the tire started chirping (repeatedly losing traction) and I freaked out and stood the bike up instead of keeping it leaned in.
My next thought was:
"Guard rail... 12 O'clock. Better try and turn and brake one last time to prevent total disaster"
At this time I did so and the bike chirped more and then glanced off the rail, then the bike and I spun out like a couple ballerinas on speed.
Just after hitting the ground I thought:
"Well, I've felt worse than that but I'm still sliding. Is this the part where it's about to hurt really bad when I dead stop?"
So I closed my eyes, balled up into the fetal position while doing a spin on my shoulder/back/backpack and came to a stop neatly wedged between the ground and the guard rail with minimal impact. (back protector/backpack hit first)
Then I thought:
"Lights back on. All bodily systems check. Did anybody see? Get up and pick up the bike. Damn will it roll? Now what do I do? Get on it and pop the clutch and get the F outta here!"

I think that's pretty much it.
I stopped at two turn-offs down the road straightening things out and checking my sanity while discovering my bloody hip. Never let out a single word or yelp or bead of sweat or anything.

Could have been a heck of a lot worse.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote