View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2010, 02:29 PM   #16
clegg
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 - Blue, Had a '09 Ninja 250R

So amazingly... I am on the road for work and am at a bar at the hotel last night enjoying some relaxation. The lady next to me and i start talking about bikes, and she is a Harley rider from Phoenix. Turns out she knows a couple of those guys well, and is really upset that they died (understandably).

She also then went onto talk about her exploits of:
  • routinely getting loaded and goes riding
  • never wearing a helmet
  • boasting about how she has a club vest with 15+ patches for friends who have died in her Harley group in riding accidents
  • "Loud Pipes Save Lives!" (ahhem.. what happened in Phoenix then?... or your 15 friends?)
  • Claims shes only ever crashed her bike either while drunk, or not paying attention... (gee really)
  • And claims she laughs at people who think safety gear will do anything in a crash "I'd rather be dead than paralyzed or a vegge... that why I don’t wear anything"...
Yep the logic lesson just kept coming. Made me feel sad for the motorcycle community that these idiots are out there not only reinforcing stereotypes, but costing everyone in insurance premiums...