View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:23 PM   #7
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

It will be a small project but nothing I can't handle.

Pulled my front rim off to see if it was bent too, since I could see my caliper wobbling back and fourth ever so slightly from a bent brake disk.

The disk was barely bent.. I'm surprised I could even feel it in the lever.
Found the wheel to be straight though. I think the bush that tangled in the front wheel bent the disk but nothing happened to the wheel. I used a home made truing stand to test for bends in the rim.

Just saved myself $500. I guess I can send the other rim back when it arrives.

Also, found out I can get replacement fairings for my SE no problem. Looks like mine is a California only model.
I will definitely be completely restoring my bike to original finish.

Removing bent disk

Take note of red loctite for reinstallation

Culprit removed

Screw driver dial indicator trick. lol. No hops or wobbles in the rim.
The brake disk had a mark on it, so pretty sure it was only the disk that took the hit. New disk and wheel arriving Fri, but will send the wheel back or keep for spares.

Think the rearsets and clips are due tomorrow so I have somewhere to put my hands and feet again.

Also I have two good right side shogun slider bars. If anyone has two good left side and wants to trade one for one, we will both have a new set again without spending money. Holler at me if you have shogun pieces laying around. Otherwise I may write Shogun for a new left slider bar.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote