View Single Post
Old April 5th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #9
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

So... After a couple of weeks with the ZX6, I have to say that "I LOVE IT!!!!" I've already put 1300 miles on it, which I figured I would since I ride every where.

The handling is great. It's definitely not as nimble as the 250 when just cruising, but still adequate. The highway (actually the track) was meant for the ZX. It feels extremely planted. And the wind seems to be less of an issue compared to the 250. I'm guessing this is because of the weight of the bike, not it's ability to cut through the wind.

The POWAH is ridiculous. Going from 35 to 55 is insane. It took some time to get acclimated to the power difference. I really had to pay attention to how much I twisted the throttle. It's so easy to get in trouble with this thing.

The seating position on the ZX is much better now. It took some time to get used to it. What's funny (at least to me) is that riding the 250 feels so different now. I never realized how straight up the seating position is. It is literally night and day compared to a true sports bike. Even highway riding feels different when tucked.

Overall, I'm very happy with the bike, EXCEPT (there is always one thing) for the seat. It is awful. Every person that I've met with the same bike says so. I really wish I would have known beforehand. But, oh well... I'm preparing to change the foam this week with memory foam and gel pads. That should be fun.

I'm trying not to neglect the 250. It's difficult though when you have a new toy. I still say that the 250 is a better bike all around. I had an argument with someone about this very topic. All he kept saying was that it didn't have enough power. I guess if you have never had the opportunity to ride it, you will know how great it is. It's really a shame...

Anyways, since the 250 isn't going anywhere, I will still be on the forums. Even if I didn't have the 250, I would still keep coming here. This is such a great community. I just couldn't give that up.

Here is a pic with the the 2 brothers. Trying to do some maintenance on both of them. By the way, I saw a blue 08 250 in DC coming down Brentwood road. I wonder if that person is on the forums? I'm starting to see 250s everywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (92.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 026.jpg (94.6 KB, 14 views)
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote