Thread: Scared S***less
View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #29
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

I basically do the same thing at intersections like that. Too bad neither of my cases on Monday were that situation though. Both times it was the cager either not stopping when they were supposed to or trying to cut a lane of traffic with me in that lane trying to not get run over on THE busiest highway in Orlando.

So this is my big piece of advice to all of you out there. Work on expanding your peripheral vision to notice out of place movement. Start watching people's driving styles so you can pick up the minor tell-tale signs someone is about to do something stupid that could hurt you. By watching how a car reacts when a driver is wanting to get over just seconds before he does so will help you start to see other little warning signs from other cagers. This will help hone your "spidey" senses to just feel when a cager is about to do something dangerous to you. A sort of honed "sixth sense" to sense danger seconds before it happens could mean the difference between a successful avoidance and becoming a victim.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote