View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:54 AM   #67
GreezMunky
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tor

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r (*sold*), 2010 Daytona 675

Yes I took it, as mandated by the DoD. Unfortunely it was in mid/end Sept when I decided to take it and the last 2 classes the AF was willing to pay for was during the week and there was no way they were going to let me take leave from work to go take the MSF. Oct is when our fiscal year starts back up and when they have to get spending money approved etc etc. So Oct 5th I took the course and coughed up the $190. I got my bike on the 23rd, after that the motorcycle guy on base e-mailed everyone to let them know money was approved for us to take the course again. By that time though I had already been riding around for a few hundred miles. I'm glad I'm impatient or else I might have just been sitting in my garage staring at my new bike.

MSF gave me enough confidence after never riding a motorcycle before and being terrified of them (I have two quite nasty exhaust burns on my body. one from a dirt bike, the other from a sport bike) that I was able to just hop on the bike the day I got it and take off down the street and around the neighborhood.
GreezMunky is offline   Reply With Quote