View Single Post
Old April 28th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #1
adamcorley
ninjette.org newbie

Name: adam

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

RPM needle wiggles with new slip-on exhaust

hello im new to the forum and would like to thank everyone for having me and all the usefull info i've gotten from here.

My issue is this...

I just recieved my hotbodies MGP growler slip-on exhaust 2 days ago for my 2009 ninja 250r and have noticed a few things im unsure about.

I like the slip-on it sounds great and seems to respond well but i wanna make sure i'm not gonna hurt my bike.

First is that when i start the bike i need to use the choke to get it going even when its warm outside (80*F+) I know that may be because i need the needles adjusted. It has alwasy needed to use the choke when cold or cool but it seems like i need it more so now.

Next is when the bike is idling is not totally smooth sounding and the RPM needle that usually is rock steady is wiggling a little (not much but noticable and you can hear it with the louder exhaust. When driving it also seems to be reving up a lil higher then i remember before. For example i can usually go 60-70mph in sixth gear and be at around 7-8000 rpms but now im at at 9000rpms at 60-65mph thats a fairly noticable difference to me.

It does also back fires a lil, but not much. I'm sure this has to do with the needles needing adjusting too.

Anyway maybe im being parinoid but id rather be that than have my bike blowup or slowly ruin itself. i hope someone can ease my fears and let me know what up and what i shouod or should not do. thanks
adamcorley is offline   Reply With Quote