View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2010, 01:53 AM   #18
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Joyce, I left the exhaust alone on my 08 for that very reason---guess I am a closet tree hugger.
Trees love CO2! Making sure it is fully burned is the best way to give 'em what they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post
so my car gets 28mpg; so technically, riding the bike instead of the car is better for the planet?
On a planetary scale: debatable. Better for finite resources and local air quality/health? Unanimously, "yes."

To clarify: ground-level ozone and nitrate particulates (smog) is bad, getting more miles per gallon reduces emissions per mile and improves this... just don't drive more miles like Prius owners have been shown to do or you undo everything! CO2 is debatable.

Keep in mind that there can't be much carpooling. 10 people in two efficient cars is probably going to produce less byproduct per person than 10 people on 10 motorcycles... maybe not more than 10 people on 5 motorcycles, depending on the models of both vehicle types.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote