View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM   #31
adri99an
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
I doubt you'll find many people who've ridden 20+ years who would call this "common knowledge" absurd.

Fair warning is not bad attitude. The purpose is to remind new and old riders alike that your first/next fall is just around that corner. It's not to make people feel better, but to remind them to ride better, or at least that is how I see it.

Is it statistically accurate?...hard to say. Some people quit riding before they "go down," but then they become "non-riders."

I didn't fall for the first 100,000 miles, but eventually, I did fall. I've also seen several people drop the bike the first time they got on...twice on one of my bikes.

Jerry you are right on....I rode 3 600s for 5 years.....never a crash....never a drop ....nada......I've been riding my ninjette for 2 years now and when you least expect it....boom.

People who think they will never go down when riding are so full of SH*T because IT will happen and if people think it won't--good luck. I road with a guy a few months back who does many track days and has tons of bikes and is well versed in riding and boom---he went down.....I wasn't shocked because things happen when you riding.

I used to say, "I'm not gearing up because I'm not planning on crashing today." Crashing just happens as **** happens....it is not something you can control....there are too many x factors out there....the only fool is the one that fools himself.
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote