View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

The mobile version is using templates and code from an older codebase for vbulletin. Most things will work fine, but some won't. The one you're running into is because vBulletin fixed a security bug in their main code, that allowed people to send in inappropriate commands to the software and have the commands actually work. An example could be someone being able to send in a mark forums read command for another user. They upped the security around the handling of security tokens to prevent this. But the mobile code template (which is an aftermarket add-on), doesn't have any of these updates, so it now fails when you try and use the feature that used to work fine.

At some point I'll have to consider disabling the mobile version entirely if I feel the security issues get too great with the old code, but I don't think we're there yet. The best option would be if vBulletin came out with a mobile version of the templates themselves so it worked seamlessly and didn't require this hack.

Sorry for the trouble, but I don't think I can do anything to address it in the near-term.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote