View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #23
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Jon, That's a really nice unit. I like its user friendliness---totally agree that saving the original fender can be a plus. Since I use my bike as a Sport Touring bike, I kept the rear fender but cut off about two inches off the bottom--getting rid of that ghastly reflector. I found a red bicycle reflector (stock on most bikes) and put it on the fender. The reason I kept the fender was to prevent splashing on my saddle bags in the rain. I relocated my turn signals to the left and right of the license plate bracket (The stock wires are long enough) This allowed me to use larger saddle bags. The reflectors were replaced by slightly smaller ones which I put into the holes left behind by the turn signals. The saddle bags, tail bag, and tank bag are always on the bike, so replacing the rear reflectors was just a matter of satisfying the law. I have to admit that I had some doubts at first, but this little bike makes a damned good touring machine. I appreciate this bike the more I ride it. The only other mod besides a ZG Touring windscreen, was a 15T Sprocket (Vive la differance!) I am fortunate not to live in Montreal----the French cooking would turn me into a fat person in a very short time. I am, however, not that far away. Love that city and the people---helps that I speak French.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote