View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2010, 01:03 PM   #7
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

I just put my second set of Sport Demons on. My only other experience is with the OEM tires (the nicer ones, forget what they were though), so I don't have any real qualified advice..... just limited personal experience. Granted, I have a lot more confidence in my bike since I now have more riding experience, but I do believe the SDs still had a lot to do with it..... I can't answer anything about Bias vs. Radial. For a car I always go with Radial, but am just learning with MCs. I went with the SP (bias) origionally because of all the great reviews.
I'll list the milage I got below (mostly commuting miles with 50% freeway):

OEM
Front = 12K+ miles (this tire was somwhat scalloped, due to slight under pressure the first 6K miles. Since it was corrected scalloping didn't worsen and subsequent tire has not scalloped. This may have shortened the life of the tire.)
Rear = ??? (Replaced at 7K miles due to a nail. It looked like it had up to 1/2 it's life left)

First round of Sport Demons
Front = ??? (have 4,800 miles on the tire with lots of life left)
Rear = 9,800 miles ( I changed on the early end of the "replace me window).... estimate another 500-1000 miles possible without unreasonable risk)

This is just my data, and a bit incomplete, but I hope it helps.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote