View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

First of all, it wouldn't be a toy. It would be my daily transportation, just like the ninjette is now. Second, I do ride year-round here. Third, if I get another bike and keep the ninjette, my dad will be riding the ninjette to work as our family only has one car. I haven't made a decision yet, so I can't be trying to rationalize it, and I've already been leaning away from it. I would like to get a new bike to keep from dealing with the crap I dealt with on the ninjette (clutch cable snapped because of a broken part I didn't know about, and there's an electrical problem that kills the bike in the rain that I still can't find). The reason I don't want to keep the ninjette is that I need a little more power when I'm on the highway because of the ridiculous headwinds we have here, as well as almost getting killed a couple times because I didn't have any power on tap to get out of the way. I got run off the road last week because someone in a minivan who knew I was there decided that I should just move and changed lanes. There was someone behind me, but I ended up having to slow down to keep from dying because the ninjette didn't have much more that I could get to. I could've touched both the guardrail and the van on either side. I don't like that. But I take your advice and your thoughts and I recognize them. I'll drop this crazy idea that's only for instant gratification so I can get a toy that I don't need.