View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #9
ckholloway
ninjette.org member

Name: Corey

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdrum View Post
In my short time in the saddle, I've really noticed people in the opposing intersection initiating movement first AND THEN looking to see if they should stop, rather than using the STOP for it's intended purpose. So I'm pretty paranoid going through every green light still. I try and look at every head inside every car of any car that has the potential to hurt me and see if they look like they are paying attention. I definitely am ready to brake or accelerate as much as possible when I cross intersections right now.

Also, as well as watching to see the people in the car (because although a great idea, they can look right at you and not see you. Been there done that.) I also watch the wheels of said vehicle. You can kinda tell what the driver is thinking if they are inching forward or not stopping all the way. I have seen them come to a complete stop, look straight at me, and then start to inch forward. Trying to decide if they can beat me across the intersection. I have also seen them pull up, stop look one way and then start to take off as they look the other direction. If your not paying attention this could be enough to end your riding season, or worse.