View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #31
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Sb....I know a lady, Cindy Griffith who suffered the loss of her mother and daughter, who I believe was 11 at the time, to a drink driver. While her loss is not unusual, talking with her, I began to understand the horrific and almost indescribable emotions she felt when hearing the news. Cindy said something like" when things hurt, you react to them, you brush away the bee that stings you, you rub the toe you stubbed or you take aspirin for the headache...but what do you do when your brain is on fire? she was taking about the moment she receieved the call that they had been killed. If you're at all interested, you can google her name and I think maybe read something about the event. My lengthy reply to this matter was less to defend the lady than it was to plant in the, very obviously, young minds of the forum that revenge or vengance is not ours to take. We have laws in place to do that. The laws are far from perfect but a lynch-mob mentality is even further. The accident is past...we can't do anything about it. But we can do something about how we react to a loss. For sure, the reactions of the friends and family of those riders were the same as Cindy's and as much as i can, I share a part of that but, hopefully, the lady driving the car....she knows what she did and breakin' rocks on the chain gang ....when you know you did something wrong...is almost a reward. It wasn't my intention to get on a soap box here but sometimes it's worth speakin' up....even when you're the only one....besides, if everybody reading this thinks I'm a moron, I'll just go hide in the DIY forum for a while
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote