Old July 13th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #25
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by want1sobad View Post
nutrion isn't as complicated as most people make it out to be, 40/40/20 is a good ratio to shoot for if you're looking to build/maintain lean muscle and still have the energy to do things like run, bike, or swim (40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat). eliminating any one of these is not only unhealthy in the long run, but also very hard to stick to for any period of time - this is why people experience the yo-yo effect.
I had to quote your whole post b/c it's all exactly right! People these days live on fast food, soft drinks, and sweets and sit in front of the tube all night. No wonder our country is growing more and more obese! Eat sensibly and stay active. That's the healthy way to maintain a good weight.
Strength training is also important, in my opinion, and can be as easy as having a few dumbbells to toss around at home or as intense as a personal trainer at a gym! When you build muscle, you burn more calories the times you are just sitting around than an average person with average muscles. Muscle = fat burn.
Another trick to losing fat is doing your cardio in the morning before you eat breakfast. You have fewer cals in your body first thing in the morning than any other time of the day, so when you do cardio at that time, you are burning fat rather than simply burning calories. :-)

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote