View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:04 PM   #4
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

For now, it's just observation. I have to observe two full basic classes and at least one advanced class. Found out the other day that I can pass the advanced test on my CBR fairly easily, so we know the Ninjette teaches very well!

On another note, I am officially disgusted with the DMV here. My dad (against my advice of course) is going to get his endorsement by taking the DMV test rather than the MSF class (for monetary reasons). He wants to ride my sister's ninjette to work. I decided to go with him when he went to take the test to spy on their version of learning whether someone is fully in control of a motorcycle or not. He ended up having to take a written test they told him didn't exist when he called, so I went to see what the test was. I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The test consists of several very LARGE figure-8's (as in MSF makes you do a figure-8 in half the space the DMV makes you do it in) and another test which made me start laughing immediately, then get very angry later. They make you turn left from a stop, as though you're turning at a stoplight. Then, you are REQUIRED to intentionally lock your rear wheel and skid to a stop. You aren't allowed to use your front brake at all. Those are the only two tests.