View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:55 PM   #23
s2kenny
Lean in

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): Pearl White 250r, Raven R6, Black 600RR, Silver Ninja 250

________________________________________________________________________________ _______
August 8, 2010 So with some extra time today I decided to do some more maintenance on my bike. I went to the local cycle gear and picked up this cable lube kit. Pretty easy to use, but makes a mess. I lubed my clutch line, and both the throttle cables. The throttle cable seemed to snap back faster after the lube.
$25

________________________________________________________________________________ _______
August 8, 2010 Also was time for me to do a brake flush. Old fluid was a darkish red and the new fluid is nearly a clear yellow. I used the whole bottle to flush out the lines since you it wouldn't be wise to reuse it again later. Synthetic castrol brake fluid was what I got. I didn't feel that paying 4x for the premium motul would have made any difference for the street riding I'm currently doing. I'll post a DIY on brake flushing if people request it.
$5
Went to the store to get myself some UNI air filter oil. This was my first time oiling a filter since I'm used to paper ones on cars. This stuff was not like ordinary oil. Pretty thick, like a light honey. But also very sticky, took a while to wash off my hands. The old filter was nearly black on one side so hopefully this gives me a nice performance boost.
$10
s2kenny is offline   Reply With Quote