View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2010, 03:40 PM   #328
Cuongism
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

Did my clipons today. As always, the hardest part is easy for me but I have trouble with the simple things. The bar ends only took 10 minutes max. I had a minitorch ($15 from lowes) that I used to heat up the loctite. I tried using a cordless drill with a philips 3 bit, but that didn't work at all. I then used my 3/8 ratchet connected to a 1/4 adapter connected to a philips 3 bit. Worked really well and took almost no strength at all!

I had the most trouble removing the grips I tried using my air compressor but it didn't work so well. I ended up just cutting up the grips. I never had to change grips before so didn't realize I could have left the throttle grip on ended up going to cycle gear and got some gel grips.

The new grip is about a cm longer than stock and had closed ends so had to cut them out. The bar ends look puny now so will work on getting the stock ones back on.
Everything is now back together and I'll test ride it in a few hours when everything dries.
Are the levers supposed to hit the windshield when locked left or right (just barely). Also, one of my tubes underneath the throttle looks exposed, so wasn't sure that was normal. Will take a pic when I get a chance.
Also, I changed my fork seals last month so now these scratches are exposed

Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote