View Single Post
Old August 25th, 2010, 12:40 AM   #31
Flow
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R/'10 ZX6R/'02 YZ125/'06 DRZ125L/'05 Blaster

I'm a fan of the magical herb, but not so much the culture or stereotypical potheads. Prohibition doesn't work; I'm against prohibition of any drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknight View Post
I know that marijuana is a gateway drug
According to whom?

Quote:
I have family members that started on it and have moved on to other drugs and received major jail time from their actions.
With drugs legalized, there would be no jail time for these actions. People that "move on to other drugs" would likely have done this with or without marijuana. If pot doesn't cut it for you, pot doesn't cut it for you.

Quote:
I also know how it impairs senses
There's no evidence of this, but it's frequently brought up in anti-marijuana arguments. While you're under the influence of it, yes. While at baseline, no.

Quote:
I do not see how it is beneficial.
It's the strongest pain reliever there is that doesn't have physically addictive qualities. It slows the growth of cancerous tumors. If it weren't for marijuana, I'm pretty sure my grandmother would be dead (skin cancer and lupus).

Quote:
I think it can lead to bigger issues and people pushing for other narcotics to be legalized for recreational use.
And why is this a problem, exactly? I'll jump right onto the electric fence here: give me one reason, say, heroin should be illegal.

If drugs were government-regulated rather than prohibited, the drugs would be the same strength and purity, rather than things cut with god knows what. Constant potency means less risk of an overdose due to your gear being more potent than you expected.

It's nice to finally have someone on the other side to debate against.
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote